It wasn’t too long ago that Laredo Independent School District came up with a plan to try and avoid laying off employees as a result of those budget cuts expected to affect school systems throughout the state. Well today they followed through as they started the process of buying out contracts for hundreds of workers. All this comes after district board members approved the early notification program, as they prepare to lose possibly up to 26 million dollars in state funding. This, district officials, say gives employees the option of getting out of their contracts in return for 15% of their base pay. The human resources department says employees began picking up applications today at Nixon High School adding that they began lining up by 8 AM. In total we're told that so far those who picked up an application were 20 administrators, 103 teachers and 108 paraprofessionals. The offer will remain in effect until April 15. They say this is a good option for those who may already be planning to leave. The only set back, employees cannot return for five years.