Mexican drivers less likely to get ticketed
Officials at the Transportation Department admit Mexican drivers are ticketed less frequently than local drivers.
Logs from the Traffic Safety Division show only 20% to 25% of their parking tickets are issued to Mexican drivers. The other 75% of tickets go to local and state drivers.
They say when a Mexican driver is cited they are treated the same way as a US driver if their ticket is unpaid.
Penalties include putting a boot on the car or issuing additional penalty charges, but they do admit it is much harder to collect from Mexican parking violators.
Out of those 20% to 25% of parking tickets issued to Mexican drivers, about half of them actually pay their ticket.