Oat & Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and Dessert Calorie-Cutting Tips
'Tis the season to host holiday parties with endless buffet tables crowded with all kinds of goodies, but eating all the rich and high-calorie foods can take its toll on your waist line. Appetit Restaurant Chef Tania Ancira, shares a recipe you won't feel guilty to share with others or indulge in for yourself.
Oat & Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
2 cups oats
½ cup raisins
½ chocolate chips
½ earth balance vegan butter
¼ cup of coconut oil
¼ tbs baking powder
1. Preheat oven at 350°F.
2. Mix all ingredients for about 1 min. in mixer or mix by hand until batter is evenly creamy.
3. Scoop out cookies onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper for easy clean up. Use an ice cream scooper for equally portioned cookies.
4. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Dessert Calorie Cutting Tips:
1. Share: Instead of eating that delicious piece of cake by yourself share it! You will eat less than a full portion.
2. Go Natural: Choose natural fruit toppings instead of marmalade or jams (for your cakes, ice cream, etc.) for your desserts.
4. When baking, substitute ½ of the portion of sugar for applesauce.
5. Choose cupcakes when choosing a dessert. Portion control is key!
You can also make these cookies to give away in decorative holiday tin cans. For more information, or to view Appetit's low-calorie health-conscious menu you can visit appetitrestaurant.com.